☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 slice
- bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 can(s)
- beef broth
- 1 c
- uncle ben's converted brand rice
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1 tsp
- salt (optional)
- 1/2 c
- green bell pepper, diced
- 2 can(s)
- red kidnet beans, drained
How to Make New Orleans Red Beans and Rice
- 1Cook bacon in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until browned but not crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 2Remove bacon from skillet; drain off all but 2 Tbsps drippings.
- 3Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook until onion is tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add enough water to beef broth to make 2-1/2 cups. Add to skillet and bring to boil. Stir in rice, bacon, thyme, and salt. Cover tightly and simmer 15 minutes. Add green pepper, cover, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in beans. Let stand covered until all liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.