New England Style Grilled Cheese
Blue Ribbon Recipe
If you can find the cranberry bread, it's worth buying. It adds to this flavor packed sandwich. We loved the sharpness of the cheese and the slight crunchiness of the apples. This is a great, quick lunch idea! The Test Kitchen
How to Make New England Style Grilled Cheese
- 1Slice cheese and apples into thin slices.
- 2Butter one side of each slice of bread.
Note: if you are unable to find white bread with cranberries, any bread will do; to keep with the New England theme you can simply add a few cranberries into the sandwich with the cheese and apples.
- 3Heat griddle or skillet to medium heat.
- 4Place one piece of bread (butter side down) on hot griddle, carefully layer cheese and apples and then top with another piece of bread. Make sure that cheese is touching both pieces of bread, otherwise sandwich will not stay together.
- 5When bottom side is browned, carefully flip sandwich to other side. Cook until both sides are browned and cheese is melted.
- 6Serve immediately.