My Shrimp & Polenta
I had to change a few things because I didnt have on hand some of what was in Jamies recipe, and I didnt want to run out to the store...
Im so bad at getting recipes down on paper or here because I just throw stuff in til it looks, smells and tastes right... so measuring is usually out and that's the importance of a recipe hehe... but...here goes...
- 1 c
- white wine
- 1 large
- onion, sliced
- 5 clove
- garlic minced (we like garlic)
- 3 slice
- bacon diced
- 1 1/2 c
- 8 c
- water or chicken broth
- 3 slice
- swiss cheese diced
- mrs dash table blend (or just use salt & pepper)
- red pepper flakes to taste
How to Make My Shrimp & Polenta
- 1what I did was take about cup of white wine (plus 1/4 cup of water) and wondra to thicken it (the gravy recipe and directions are on the wondra box) You can also thicken it with flour if you dont have wondra.
- 2I sliced up some onions and lots of garlic... I started by cooking the bacon then I added the onions til they started to turn golden added some red pepper flakes and mrs dash table blend and parsley...
- 3I added the garlic and shrimp and cooked just until it was starting to turn pink and then I put in the wine/wondra mixture and just cooked til it thickened some...
- 4for the polenta I boiled the water with some granulated garlic and mrs dash table blend and when the water boiled I added the polenta as it started to thicken i added a few slices of swiss cheese cut up mixed it til it was melted and plated up our yummy dinner... (theres no butter in the polenta because I had to keep it low fat (and low sodium) for my mom who is on a heart healthy diet... but you can add if you want)