1 pkgwide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
1 lbmushrooms, sliced
1 mediumonion, diced
2 Tbspgreen bell pepper, fine dice
2 Tbsphungarian paprika
1/2 csour cream
1 cchicken broth (i use a vegetarian brand)
1/4 cdry white wine (or increase the broth to 1 1/4 cups, if you prefer not to use)
How to Make Mushroom Paprikash
- Melt butter over medium heat in a 12" skillet.
- Add mushrooms and saute about 7 minutes.
- Add onion and green bell pepper and cook about 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and paprika in the sour cream until smooth and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth and wine to the mushrooms, onion and bell peppers and bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer.
- Add the sour cream mixture stirring well. Heat through, stirring gently for about 2 minutes - do not let the sauce boil.
- Serve over cooked noodles.