- 1 lb
- shrimp shells and heads (this is 1 lb shrimp that you have peeled and removed the heads. reserve the shrimp for your shrimp and grits. no problem it you didn't purchase whole shrimp, just use the peels)
- 3 to 4
- white parts of green onions
- celery stalks and the leafy tops
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- mr. pete's cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp
- natural sea salt
- dried bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, fresh
- 6 c
How to Make Mr Pete's Southern Shrimp and Cheesy Grits
- 1Direct link to Mr. Pete's origninal recipe:
Mr. Pete's Southern Shrimp & Cheesy Grits
I will be removing ingredients and instructions here after Mr. Pete is settled in. This is his wonderful recipe and now that he is an active member here in JAP, ALL credit for this amazing recipe should go to him. I will leave the stock recipe here and a link to this wonderful recipe. If you haven't tried this recipe, I highly recommend it! And, Mr. Pete's wonderful seasonings!
Mr. Pete's Cajun Seasoning is a MUST for this recipe. Oh they also carry other spice and very reasonably priced.
To order spices:
Check out Mr. Pete's blog
If you are on FB be sure to go "Like" them:
If you have questions, Mr. or Mrs. Pete are so helpful! I've just met them on FB and I feel like I've known them a long time.
- 2NOTE: If you are going to make your stock, you should do it 1st. The ingredients are above and instructions below. I just couldn't bring myself to add water to this wonderful recipe so I made my stock. This will make more than needed, freeze in freezer bags. I usually freeze 1 cup per bag.