How to Make Mix and Match Stir Fry...
- select one item from each list (except basics)
1 lb. fresh or frozen shrimp,thawed,shelled and deveined
1 lb. boneless pork,thinly sliced into bite-sized strips
2 whole large chicken breasts,skinned,boned,& cut into bite size pieces
1 lb. beef top round steak,thinly sliced into bite-sized strips
VEGETABLES #1 :
2 large carrots,thinly bias sliced ( I shredd them )
1 cup broccoli buds
1 cup fresh asparagus, cut into 1" lengths
1/2 cup cauliflower flowerets,thinly sliced
VEGETABLES #2 :
2 cups chopped Bok Choy( chinese cabbage)
1 cup fresh pea pods, halved lengthwise
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced thinly
2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges and seeded
1-8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained and sliced thin
1 cup walnut pieces
1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
2 stalks celery, sliced thinly
1/3 cup cold water
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 TBSP.soy sauce
1 TBSP.dry sherry
2 TBSP.cooking oil ( I use olive oil)
1 clove garlic, minced
4 green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts or canned bean sprouts, drained,
1/2 of an 8 oz. can bamboo shoots, drained ( optional)
- Prepare your choice of ingredients; set aside. Stir water into cornstarch; stir in soy sauce and sherry. Set aside.
- In covered saucepan cook Vegetable #1 in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- Preheat Wok over high heat; add cooking oil. Stir-fry
garlic in hot oil for 30 seconds. Add green onions and stir-fry 1 minute.
Add crunchy ingredient and bean sprouts or bamboo shoots. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes.
remove from Wok
- Add Vegetables #1 & #2. Stir-fry 1 minute.Remove from Wok
- Add more oil if needed. Add half of meat ; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until
browned. Remove from Wok, Stir-fry remaining meat in wok until browned.
- Return all cooked ingredients to Wok; stir the soy sauce mixture; stir into
Wok. Cook and stir until sauce has thickened. Cook until bubbly & hot all through.
- Serve with white rice or fried rice sticks . Enjoy!!