- 1 lb
- bulk pork sausage
- 2 can(s)
- (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes, mexican, undrained
- 2 c
- cooked white rice
- 1 can(s)
- (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 c
- coarsley chopped green pepper
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz)
How to Make MEXICAN RICE AND BLACK BEAN CASSEROLE
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, cook sausage until cooked through, using a wooden spoon to break up sausage as it cooks. Drain off fat.
- 2Stir in undrained tomatoes, cooked rice, beans, and pepper into the sausage. Spoon into a 3 qt rectangular baking dish.
- 3Cover and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.If desired, serve with sour cream.