★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
2 can(s)diced tomatoes with green chiles (do not drain)
1medium onion, chopped
2 cuncooked rice
2 pkgtaco seasonings
3 cchicken, cooked and cubed
1 can(s)14 oz. chicken broth
2 cmonterey jack cheese or mozarella, shredded
How to Make Mexican Chicken and Rice Hot Dish
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix together tomatoes with green chiles, cheddar, onion, uncooked rice, taco seasoning, chicken, and chicken broth.
- Put in baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle with monterey jack or mozarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 350 at about 35- 45 minutes or until the cheese on top is completely melted and rice is not hard.
- I serve this with sour cream on top and corn bread on the side.