Portabello Mushroom Meatless 'Burgers'
It's filling and easy to make. Yummy!
You don't need to limit this to just the listed ingredients. Top yours with whatever you like, anything you might like on a regular burger.
2large portabello mushrooms
·any other desired condiments
2 Tbspbutter or margerine
2 slicecheese of your choice
2large hamburger buns, kaiser buns or buns of your choice
4 slicecooked bacon if desired (it's good with or without)
How to Make Portabello Mushroom Meatless 'Burgers'
- Carefully clean mushrooms and pat dry.
- Heat small amount of butter or margerine in a skillet over medium heat
- Saute about 2-3 minutes each side, top with cheese slice if desired.
- Arrange the sliced buns over the mushrooms to warm them. After the mushrooms are removed from the pan, lay the buns in the skillet, interior side down to crisp them just a little. (Don't over cook)
- Spread each bun with mayonaise if desired. Place desired condiments on the buns, then the mushrooms.
- You can arrange the cooked bacon slices over the top of the mushroom if you've decided to use them.