Mary Wazny Perogi's
- 1 c
- half & half
- 4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 8 oz
- salt pork-diced into 1/4 in. pieces-fried till crispy
- 5 medium
- onions- diced saute' in 1 stick of butter
- 1 pt
- cottage cheese- rinsed and drained
- 1 c
- butter- divided into two 1/2 c. sticks
- 4 medium
- potatoes- cooked to mash
NOODLE DOUGH FOR PEROGI
How to Make Mary Wazny Perogi's
- 1Put flour in Large Mixing bowl. crack the egg in measuring cup, add salt and half & half until it comes to the 1 c. line.
Make a well in the center of flour and pour in liquid. With a spoon start encoring flour into the liquid, to form a stiff ball. You may add very small amounts of half & half to get it all mixed together. Roll into a 2 in. log, cut into before wrapping it. Put in fridge to meld while your cook up the filling.
- 2Mash potatoes, add drain cottage cheese, 1/2 of the sauted onions, 3/4 of crispy salt pork-well drained. Mix ingredients well.
- 3Bring water to a boil in a large 6 quart kettle.
have ready the rest of the onions, at this time melt the other 1/2 stick of butter into the rest of the onions, turn off until ready to fry the perogi.
- 4Assemble by cutting the 2 in. logs into 1/4 in. slices, using a sharp knife, roll out to 4-5 ins. and put a tablespoon of filling fold over and pinch of edges. Put in boiling water and cook until they rise to top (you may have to stir them to get that to happen). Transfer them to frying pan with onions and fry in the butter 2 mins on each side. put in roaster with some melted butter on the bottom, layering perogies with onions and bits of salt pork as you go. Put in oven on 325 for 25 mins. to let flavors blend together.