1. Choose a nice leg of spring lamb with a thin layer of fat.
2. Take the bone out of the leg of lamb and open out until it is even thickness, or if you prefer, just ask your butcher to butterfly the joint for you. Score the lamb, season with the salt and pepper.
3. Bash up the coriander seeds with the coriander leaves and mint, add the garlic and the chick peas and mash together. Then mix in the yogurt and seasoning.
4. Massage half of the marinade into the lamb. Reserve half the marinade to use as a sauce once the lamb is cooked. Put the lamb into a plastic bag and seal. Place in the fridge until ready to cook.
5. Remove lamb from the bag and place the meat directly on the oven shelf .
6. Place a tray of cut-up vegetables under the lamb so that the juices drip over them giving a lovely flavour.
7. Roast the lamb and vegetables at 425F for 45 minutes.