Low Carb Stuffed Peppers
1red onion, finely diced
4peppers, red, green, yellow, orange, choose what you like
·1-1/2 pounds ground beef
2cloves garlic, minced
3.5 0zbutton mushrooms, finely chopped
2 tsporegano, fresh/dried
1 slicesmokey bacon, cooked diced
1 cupgrated or shredded cheese
8.5 0zcanned tomatoes, diced
How to Make Low Carb Stuffed Peppers
- Heat the butter and fry the onion and garlic on a medium heat.
- Add the mince/ground beef and brown thoroughly.
Add the remaining ingredients, and stir.
- Simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes to reduce the liquid and thicken the mixture. Stir occasionally.
- Cut the tops from the peppers,cut in half and remove all the seeds.
- Press the beef mixture into each pepper firmly, then place each one in an oiled baking dish.
- Sprinkle with grated/shredded cheese.
Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving (1 stuffed pepper half0)
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18.3g 28%
Total Carbohydrates 6.7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6%
Protein 21g 42%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.