It can be found in speciality markets or online at such sites as: Gasparssausage.com or chourico.com
love these. When I get back East to visit, I usually get one of these at a local Portuguese bakery in Fall River, MA. A great snack!
How to Make Linguica Bread
- Cut raw bread into 8 parts.
- Remove skin from linguica and fry meat, breaking up meat, till half cooked.
- Refrigerate dough and meat one hour.
- Flatten dough like a pancake and fill with meat.
- Seal like a roll.
- Let rise 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake at 375° until dough is brown and crispy, about 15 minutes.