Linguica and Green Beans
1 lbfresh green beans, tipped and cut into bite-size pieces
1 smallonion, diced
2garlic cloves, minced
1/2green bell pepper, diced
2potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 lblinguica sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 tspground allspice
1/8 tspcrushed red pepper flakes
1(8 ounce) can tomato sauce
How to Make Linguica and Green Beans
- Saute onion, garlic, and bell pepper in 1-2 Tablespoons butter or olive oil until onions are tender.
- Place onions,garlic, bell pepper, potatoes, linguica, and green beans in a large saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover.
- Add All-spice, red pepper, tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until beans are crisp tender and potatoes are fork tender (approx. 1 hour).