Linguica and Green Beans
- 1 lb
- fresh green beans, tipped and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- garlic cloves, minced
- green bell pepper, diced
- potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 lb
- linguica sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 tsp
- ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes
- (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
How to Make Linguica and Green Beans
- 1Saute onion, garlic, and bell pepper in 1-2 Tablespoons butter or olive oil until onions are tender.
- 2Place onions,garlic, bell pepper, potatoes, linguica, and green beans in a large saucepan.
- 3Add enough water to cover.
- 4Add All-spice, red pepper, tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- 5Cover and simmer until beans are crisp tender and potatoes are fork tender (approx. 1 hour).