Leftover stuffing and cheese peppers.
- green peppers
- 2 c
- left over stuffing ( you can also make it fresh or use stove top type stuffing)
- 1 c
- chedder cheese, grated
- 4 slice
- swiss cheese
- 1 c
- marinara sauce
- 1 c
How to Make Leftover stuffing and cheese peppers.
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 deg.
Wash and cut open your peppers. Cut around the stem about 1/2 out to the edge of the pepper to form a hole in the top. Wash out the seeds. Be careful not to break the pepper.
- 2If you are using the left over stuffing, mix in the cheddar cheese and make into small balls and stuff it into the top of the pepper. Do this with all 4 peppers. If you are making fresh stuffing or Stove Top do that now.
- 3Once you stuff all the peppers put them in a deep baking pan. I use bread pans, you can put 2 peppers in each. Mix together the marinara sauce and water. Poor it into the pans until it is filled half way up.
- 4Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil and add a slice of swiss cheese to each pepper and return to the oven for 30 more minute. Then remove and serve.