★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 1/3 c
- mixed fresh mint and parsley, more or less half and half or to taste
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter (1/2 stick) at room temp
- boned loin lamb chops, cut 1 1/2 inch thick ( about 6 oz each,trimmed weight)
- thin lemon slices
- mint sprigs
- 2 to 3
- dozen firm white mushroom caps ( about 1 pound)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Lamb Chops with Mushrooms and Herbs
- 1Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2Mash the garlic,herbs, and half of the butter together into a rough paste. Divide he herb butter among the lamb chops, spread a bit inside the tails and the rest on top. Tie the chops into tidy rounds with kitchen twine.
- 3Arrange each chop on a piece of aluminum foil and place a lemon slice and a mint sprig on top of each. Smear the remaining butter over mushrooms and arrange them equally among the chops. Season with salt and pepper. Seal the foil packets, and set on a baking sheet.
- 4Bake about 20 minutes for medium rare. Transfer the packets to serving plates and allow the guest to open them at the table.