1fresh pizza dough, homemade or frozen (defrosted)
2 cshredded cheese, mozzarella
1 cricotta cheese
1 pkgpepperoni slices
8 sliceprovolone cheese
1/2 cparmesan cheese
·for the garlic sauce
1 stickreal butter
1whole bulb of fresh garlic
How to Make Kimber's Calzones
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Take batch of pizza dough and split into four equal parts. Roll each one into a ball. I usually put a little olive oil on my hands to keep dough from sticking.
- I work with one ball at a time. I use a rolling pin and roll the ball out in circle until the dough is about 1/4 inch thick. I brush the dough with garlic butter.
- Taking 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, I spread it on half of the dough, leaving about 1/2 inch edge. Then I spread 1/4 cup of the ricotta cheese over it. I layer around 12 pieces of pepperoni over it. Then I break two slices of provolone cheese in half and lay them on top.
- I fold the other half of the dough over and use a fork dipped in olive oil to seal the edges. If you do not get a good seal, the toppings will melt out as you bake it.
- Repeat for each ball of dough, giving you four calzones. Place on a baking sheet and brush tops with garlic butter. Then sprinkle top with Parmesean cheese.