Kielbasa, Potato and Sweet Pepper Bake
I really like to use this fantastic Russian imported sausage but it is hard to find lately. Any type of kielbasa is great in this however.
I have no photo of it now as I typically make this in the cooler months, but when I make it again I will be sure to post one.
- 12-16 oz
- large bell peppers. red or green (i use red)
- medium onions - any type
- 1 lb
- small yukon gold or red skinned potatoes
- 1/4 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- cracked black pepper
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2-1 tsp
- hungarian paprika
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped flat leaf parsley
How to Make Kielbasa, Potato and Sweet Pepper Bake
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Core and de-seed peppers and cut into 1 1/2" pieces.
Put peppers in a 9x13 roasting pan, or similar size. (When I make this I often use a disposable aluminum pan for easy clean up)
Peel and slice onions into thin wedges and add those to your pan too.
Cut spuds in half and too those in as well. (If your potatoes are on the larger side, quarter them...we don't want any underdone potatoes)
- 3Slice up your Kielbasa into 1/2" thick pieces and....YEP...add those to the pan as well. (See? Told you it was easy)
Sprinkle the ingredients in the pan with salt and pepper. Pour the oil over the top.
Now get in there with your hands and toss it well to coat everything evenly.
Sprinkle the paprika over the top.
Cover with aluminum foil.
- 4Bake in your pre-heated oven for 45 min.
Remove from oven and stir in the cream.
Recover with foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
That's it! Eat...go on...shoo!