Kielbasa & Kale
4 Tbspolive oil, divided
1 smallonion, chopped
2 tsppaprika (smoked, if you have it)
·salt & pepper to taste
1 can(s)white beans, rinsed
How to Make Kielbasa & Kale
- Wash kale, remove center stems and chop. Drain well. In a large, deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute onion until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add kale, water and paprika. Lower heat, cover and cook until kale is wilted and tender, 15-20 minutes. Add beans and cook until beans are heated through.
- While the kale mixture is cooking, dice yam. Heat remaining olive oil and saute yams until carmelized and tender. I added a little water to the pan to speed up the cooking.
- in a skillet or under the broiler, cook kielbasa until nicely browned.
- Pile kale/bean mixture in center of platter. Top with carmelized yams. Slice kielbasa into 2" sections and arrange around kale.
- Serve with warm, crusty bread.