How to Make Kibby
- Prepare the red quinoa; rinse well in metal strainer then dry and toast in a dry skillet. Follow package directions. Cook in chicken broth to add flavor.
- Saute 1/3 of the ground meat with 1/3 of the onions. Use olive oil to saute. Season with salt and pepper and 1/3 of cumin and add the cinnamon. Add 1/2 of pine nuts and set aside. Ensure all the juice is absorbed and remove fat. Set aside.
- Mix quinoa with the remaining ingredients by hand. Oil a 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish. Spread 1/2 of the mixture in the bottom of pan. Press with hands. Add the cooked set aside mixture spread. Add the remaining mixture to the top of the dish and press with hands. Add the remaining pine nuts to the top.
- Use a knife to cut diamond shapes on top.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Broil in the end to crisp the top.