Jambalaya With A Twist
Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
1 mediumyellow onion, chopped
1/2 mediumgreen bell pepper, chopped
1/2 mediumred bell pepper, chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 Tbspolive oil
1 pkgandouille sausage (johnsonville 13.5 oz), sliced into 1/2" rounds
1 can(s)diced tomatoes with green chilies (14.5 ounce)
1 can(s)stewed tomatoes, (14.5 ounce)
1 can(s)black beans (14.5 ounce), rinsed and drained
3/4 clong grain white rice
2 Tbspcajun seasoning or to taste (optional)
How to Make Jambalaya With A Twist
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a Dutch Oven (or large oven safe pan), saute onion, green & red pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Add sausage, tomatoes, beans, and water and bring to a boil.Stir in the Cajun seasoning and the rice.
- Cover the pan and put into the oven. Bake for aproximately one hour or until rice is tender. Check on the pot from time to time and give it a stir to make sure the rice isn't sticking.
- Spoon into soup bowls and enjoy with a nice green salad and hot crusty bread or corn bread.
- You can add Shelled and cleaned shrimp to the pot if you wish. Stir them in a few minutes before the Jambalaya is ready.