★★★★★ 1 vote5
- jalapenos, fresh
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c
- bacon pieces
- 1/4 c
- green onion, sliced
- monterey jack and cheddar cheese slices (or whatever you like...pepper jack will take it up another notch)
- slices of italian or sourdough bread ( we used italian)
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
- 1Clean and dry the jalapenos. Turn on the oven to broil. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray or drizzle with oil. Place jalapenos on sheet and spray again. Place under broiler about 6 inches from heat for about 15 minutes turning over half way through. Once cooked through, let rest for a few minutes as it cools.
- 2While the jalapenos are broiling, combine the cream cheese, bacon (I used already cooked Hormel bacon pieces) and green onion. Set aside. Also, slice cheese if needed.
- 3When jalapenos have cooled (PLEASE WEAR GLOVES!!) peel the skins off of the outside. Cut in half and remove seeds and ribs. Once all jalapenos are prepared, chop them and add them to the cream cheese mixture.
- 4Take one slice of bread and spread a generous portion of the cream cheese mixture and top with cheese. Place other slice of bread on top. Once all 6 sandwiches are done, carefully butter one side of each sandwich and place the buttered side on a medium-hot griddle. Butter the other sides of the bread once on griddle. Turn heat down a bit and watch that the bread does not burn. Mine took about 12 minutes or so for the cheese to be oozing. Slice in half and ENJOY!!!