Italian Pinto Beans
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- pinto beans, dried
- 8 c
- 1/2 c
- fiesta brand pinto bean seasoning
- 1/4 c
- dried minced onion flakes
- sweet italian sausage links, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoes, canned italian-style and diced
- salt to taste. when i use a salty meat such as this, i sometimes don't have to add any extra salt
How to Make Italian Pinto Beans
- 1Place water, pinto bean seasoning and dried onion flakes in a large, heavy dutch oven pot. Bring to a boil.
- 2While water is coming to a boil, check the dried beans for rocks and other debris. Rinse in cool water and drain. Add to pot of boiling water. Bring back to a boil, add Worcestershire sauce and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer with lid on until almost tender, checking often to stir and add water as needed.
- 3When beans need about another hour until tender, add the cooked, crumbled Italian sausage and the can of tomatoes. Continue simmering with lid off or slightly vented to thicken the liquid. Serve with cornbread, rice or your favorite side.