Italian Bread Mini-Loaf Pizza
2mini-loaves italian bread, sliced in half and toasted
1/2-1/3 calfredo sauce, divided
2 50 slicepepperoni, i had some left over after covering the 4 pieces of bread
1 8 ozpackage diced ham
1 3.8 ozcan sliced black olives, drained
1 4 ozcan mushroom stems & pieces, drained
2 2 cpackages mixed pizza cheese
THE TRICK TO MAKING THIS BREAD BASED PIZZA IS TO NOT MAKE THE BREAD ITSELF SOGGY.
How to Make Italian Bread Mini-Loaf Pizza
- Slice the loaves of Italian bread, in half, the long way trying to cut the loaves equally in half like you would to make garlic bread.
- Set the four pieces on bread cut side up on a 16" pizza pan or large cookie sheet. Move the oven rack up the 2nd from the top level in an electric oven. Slide the pizza pan in, and turn on the broiler element on the HI setting. It doesn't take long to toast the bread, mine was toasted with edges turning golden and middles dry to touch in about 4 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Return the raised oven rack back to it's lower location, mine was back to the 4th level from the top. Set the oven to pre-heat at 375.
- I spread a thin layer of Alfredo sauce on all 4 pieces of bread. Set aside on the pizza pan after placing a layer of pepperoni on each piece of bread.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the rest of the topping ingredients, and add just enough Alfredo sauce to coat the mixture, then mix in about 1 cup of the pizza cheese. Divide this mixture evenly over the 4 pieces of bread as you pat it flat gently to evenly cover the bread.
- Roughly divide the remaining shredded Pizza cheese over all four pizzas.
- Return the pan to the pre-heated oven, and bake 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted without burning the edges of the bread.