Involtini con Mortadella in Sugo -Italian roulades
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 sliceveal, as thin as possible
200 mlwhite wine, dry
400 gpeas, frozen
400 mltomato puree
4sage leaves, fresh
·salt, to taste
·pepper, to taste
How to Make Involtini con Mortadella in Sugo -Italian roulades
- With a meat tenderizer, flatten the veal slices as much as possible without tearing them.
- Sesaon ech slice with pepper to taste, then place one slice of mortadella on each slice of veal, fold in any overlapping mortadella, it should be completely enclosed by the veal. Roll the slices up and fix with toothpicks.
- Finely chop the onion
- In a pan large enough for the roulades and the peas heat some olive oil and saute the onion, then add the roulades and lightly brown on all sides. Season with salt.
- Add the wine and let it evaporate, then add the tomato puree, sugar, the parsley and sage, cover and let simmer on low for one hour
- After one hour, add the thawed peas, let cook for five more minutes, then add some more salt if necessary.
- Serve with crusty Italian bread