Hoppin' Juan (Vegetarian)
- 3-4 c
- cooked texmati rice or long grain white basmati rice (plain long white rice will work)
- 1 1/2 c
- dried black eyed peas, rinsed
- fresh bay leaves
- garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp
- ground chipotle powder
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- green onions, thinly sliced
- red wine vinegar or lime wedges
- fresh tomato slices
- greens (arugula or spinach leaves probably work best)
- white onion, peeled and diced
- sliced avocados
- fresh chili peppers, sliced or minced
How to Make Hoppin' Juan (Vegetarian)
- 1Cook the rice and set aside.
- 2While the rice is cooking, prep the ingredients for the rice and bean bowls.
- 3Season the cooked and drained black-eyed peas with the garlic, salt, chipotle powder and cumin powder. Stir.
- 4To serve: Arrange greens in a serving bowl, add a scoop of the cooked rice, followed by black-eyed peas and the garnishes.
- 5¡Buena suerte!