How to Make Homemade Pierogies
- 1Beat eggs with lukewarm water to which butter has been added. Stir slowly into flour in bowl, adding only enough water to hold dough together.
- 2Knead on floured board for about 10 minutes. Put back in bowl, cover with cloth and let rest for about one half hour.
- 3Roll out dough to pie crust thickness, cut into 3 inch circles and fill with a heaping spoonful of cheese and mashed potatoes for half and sauerkraut for the other half.
- 4Drop in boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 5Pan fry with butter and onion as desired.