Homemade Baby Food
Cara J Mastrangello
This is just a "guideline" recipe for making soft baby food that is nutritious and yummy!
The "measurements" get me approx 4-5 days of meals, depending on how hungry my lil man gets.
- 6-8 c
- fresh fruit, vegetables, potatoes, or chicken
- container yogurt (i use lactose-free)
- 1 box
- dry baby cereal (i use earth's best whole grain)
How to Make Homemade Baby Food
- 1Cut up the raw ingredients so they will easily be cooked.
I typically boiled or steamed the ingredients so they were very soft.
Drain and set aside to cool, reserving a few cups of the water.
- 2When at least cooled to room temperature, put your veggies/fruit/meat into a food processor. I use a Ninja and do it in batches.
Process until smooth. Depending on what your are making (such as chicken, potatoes, carrots) you will need to add some liquid to smooth it out. Just remember that less is more, its easy to put too much in and make it watery.
- 3Store airtight in the refrigerator until ready to feed.
- 4When feeding, this was about how I do it.
4 parts veggies/fruit/meat to 1 part yogurt. Stir well and add a tablespoon or two dry baby cereal.
Do not mix yogurt and baby cereal until ready to feed.