Herb Roasted Lamb
- 12 large unpeeled garlic cloves, divided
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 four to five pound butterflied australian leg of lamb
- 4 to 5 lbs. small unpeeled potatoes
- 2 tbsp. good olive oil
How to Make Herb Roasted Lamb
- 1Preheat oven to 450. Put oven rack in lower third of oven so lamb will sit in middle of the oven.
- 2Peel 6 of the garlic cloves and put them in the bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade. Add rosemary, 1 Tbsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper and butter. Process til garlic and rosemary are finely minced.
- 3Thoroughly coat the top and side of the lamb with the rosemary mixture. Allow to sit at room temperature 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 4Toss potatoes and remaining unpeeled garlic in a bowl with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Put in bottom of large roasting pan. Put lamb on top of potatoes and roast for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or til internal temperature of lamb is 135 (rare) or 145 (medium).
- 5Remove from oven an put lamb on platter, cover tightly with foil. Allow lamb to rest for about 20 minutes. Slice an serve with the potatoes.