Healthy Dog Stew-Comfort food for your Fido!
1 pkgboneless chicken breast
1 pkgtyson chicken livers-no antibiotics
1 pkglean ground turkey (optional)
4dog bones-uncooked-(stew bones)
2 cbrown rice
1 pkgfrozen peas and carrots-or mixed vegetable
2 can(s)kidney beans, canned
2 can(s)black beans
1 largesweet potato
How to Make Healthy Dog Stew-Comfort food for your Fido!
- Put bones in a large stock pot and boil in water. (This will make a nice bone broth for your Fido). Boil for 45 minutes -1 hour. Remove the bones, set the broth aside.
- Peel the Sweet Potato, then cut into bite size pieces.
- Chunk the Chicken Breasts into bite size pieces and toss into a large crock pot.
- Drain the beans into a strainer and rinse well with water. (This will reduce the sodium level in the beans), then dump the beans in the crock pot.
- Next, dump the rest of your veggies, rice, raw chicken livers and bone broth into the crock pot.
- In a skillet, ground the turkey (Turkey is optional), then place the ground turkey into the crock pot.
- Cook on high in the crock pot for approximately 8 hours or until the rice is tender.
- Once the stew is ready, crack the eggs and stir into mixture. You can crush the egg shells into the mixture for added calcium. I usually rinse the egg shells, bake them and place in a blender to make a powder to add. either way is fine.
- Allow the egg to cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Scoop out to set some aside to cool and sit back and watch your pups drool over their much anticipated dinner. This will make multiple servings. We measure out 1 cup and place into zip lock bags and freeze.