How to Make Ham and Broccoli Turnovers
- Cook broccoli until tender. (In a steamer basket for about 5-8 minutes). Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- In a bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese, ham, onions, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Lay out 2 pastry rounds (Pillsbury pie crusts are my favorite to use). Cut each in half. Place about 1 1/2 cups filling on one side of each half. Flatten filling with a spoon.
- Combine the egg and milk. Brush some over the pastry edges. Fold pastry over filling. Seal edges and press with tines of fork. Prick top of pastry with fork to vent.
- Place on baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.