Grilled Vegetable and Sausage Risotto
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 ozbreakfast sausage, sliced or crumbled
1/2 cshallots or onions, chopped
1 carborio rice
3 cchicken stock
2 cgrilled or roasted veggies, chopped (zucchini, red pepper and mushrooms or your choice)
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
1 Tbspfresh basil leaves, chopped (use less if dried)
How to Make Grilled Vegetable and Sausage Risotto
- Roast or grill veggies if you don't have any leftovers. Set aside.
- Cook sausage and bacon over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Transfer to a paper towel; set aside. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
- Add shallots or onions to drippings in skillet; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice; cook and stir to coat the grains for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of the broth; simmer until broth is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time cooking until broth is absorbed before adding more.
- Continue simmering stirring occasionally until rice is firm to the bite. (This will take about 18 to 20 minutes total time).
- Stir in sausage and vegetables; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through and rice is tender, adding additional broth if needed to keep a creamy consistency.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and crumble in the reserved bacon. Top with basil.