Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwich
I'd Grill up two or three and enjoy with a cup or two of warm "Postum", a coffee substitute drink. (Folks didn't allow me coffee.)
Still one of my favorite late night snacks. I learned, much later, this was one of Elvis' favorite snacks, he liked sliced bananas in his.
- 2 slice
- Bread your choice, I prefer Rye
- 3 Tbsp
- Peanut Butter, I prefer Smooth
- 2 or 3 slice
- Bacon cooked, optional
- Pat of butter for pan another pat for one side of bread
How to Make Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwich
- 1Heat fry pan to medium heat, add Butter. Sandwich to be prepared just like a Grilled Cheese.
- 2Prepare Peanut Butter sandwich with ample Peanut Butter. Butter one side. Add cooked Bacon if you wish.
- 3Place sandwich in pan buttered side up. Fry until golden then flip to other side.
- 4My favorite accompniment is still Dill Pickles, as with my Grilled Cheese sandwiches. With a cup of Hot Chocolate this is one of my favorite Late Nite Snacks. Calming to the tummy. These will be a hit with the kids.