Grilled Lobster Tails
How to Make Grilled Lobster Tails
- Rinse and butterfly the lobster tails.
Lay the bellyside up.
Pierce just proximal to the tail with a sharp knife and cut through the belly.
When you get down to the shell, press hard to cut through. Kitchen sheers will also work nicely.
Do not completely separate lobster tails.
- Gently expose part of the meat out along each tail and rinse again and pat dry.
- Combine oil, lemon, butter, paprika, garlic and pinch of salt and pepper in mixing bowl.
Brush marinade on lobster tails.
- Grill the lobster on medium heat, with meat side down and frequently brush on the marinade.
Cook the lobster tail until the meat is white and opaque and firm to touch, about 8-12 min depending on size.
Remove from the grill.
- Baste one more time with the butter and cover with aluminum foil.
Let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: You don’t want to cook over direct heat as the garlic lemon butter that you are going to baste the tails with will catch fire. Flame-ups will cook the tails too quickly and you will end up with dried out meat.
Keep a spray bottle of water with you next to the grill, in case of flame-ups.