Greek Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
You can change up the recipe with different kinds of bread-but we love pita bread.
- 2 lb
- ground lamb
- 1/2 c
- feta cheese, crumbled, can be low-fat
- 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp
- dried dill
- 12 oz
- greek yogurt, can be fat-free
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- hot house cucumber, finely chopped
- lemon, juiced
- dried oregano, dill and mint, to taste
- kalamata olives, chopped
- seeded tomatoes, chopped
- onion, chopped
- small pita pockets, can be whole wheat
How to Make Greek Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1Mix burger ingredients and form into 6 equal patties. Be gentle. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2PLace on hot grill, about 7 minutes per side for medium rare. Longer if you like them more well done.
- 3Make sauce. Mix yogurt with chopped garlic, cucumber and lemon juice. Add herbs and salt to taste. You can add more lemon if you like a tarter sauce.
- 4Add 1 burger to each pita pocket and top with onion, tomato and olives. Serve with the tzatziki sauce.