Greek Inspired Pizza
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1prebacked gourmet pizza crust (i used freschetta)
1roma tomato - thinly sliced
1small red onion - thinly sliced
2 tspolive oil
2 clovegarlic - minced
1/2 cblack olives, chopped
1/2 csliced mushrooms
2 tsprosemary, dried
1/4 tspcrush red pepper
1 cfinely shredded mozzarella
4 ozfeta cheese, crumbled
1 1/2 cbaby spinach, fresh
How to Make Greek Inspired Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. While oven is preheating slice the onion and saute it in the olive oil. Slice the roma tomato. When the onion is just starting to carmelize add the garlic, pepper and rosemary. As soon as the garlic starts to brown, remove from heat.
- Pour some of the flavored olive oil on the crust and spread it to the edges. After oil is spread on the crust add the onion and garlic mixture and spread to about an inch away from the edge of the crust.
- For your flavor layers: Cover the crust with the roma tomato then layer the baby spinach. Crumble the feta cheese on the pizza. Layer the mushrooms and olives evenly. Layer the mozzerella cheese last.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the top is melted and starting to brown.
- Tip: Most of the gourmet pizza crusts come in pairs and the pizza reheats well. Buy enough ingredients for two pizzas and have it for snacks or lunch the next day.