Gourmet Eggplant Sandwich
1 largeeggplant, peeled 1/4 inch thick
3 largeeggs, beaten
1/2 cseasoned bread crumbs
12 slicesour dough bread or other favorite bread
12 slicepepper jack cheese
1 smalljar, roasted peppers, drained and sliced
1 stickbutter, softened
How to Make Gourmet Eggplant Sandwich
- 1. Heat skillet on medium heat with fry oil.
- 2. Beat eggs in small bowl.
- 3. In another bowl add flour and crumbs.
- 4. Dredge each slice of eggplant in egg and then in flour/crumb mixture. Add to skillet.
- 5. Fry on both sides until brown.
- 6.Remove from pan and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- 7. Assemble Sandwich:
Spread out 6 slices of bread. Layer slices of eggplant on bread slices. Top with roasted peppers. Then top with 2 slices of pepper jack cheese. Place another slice of bread on top, spread with butter. Place (butter side down) heated flat skillet. Spread other side of sandwich with butter. Grill until brown then flip, then brown other side. Slice and enjoy!!!!!
Makes 6 Sandwiches