German Style One Pot Meal
- 1 small
- cabbage (or 1/2 of a large one) coarsely chopped
- 4 large
- potatoes, cut into quarters (can leave the peel on if desired)
- 14 to 16 ounce pkg of your favorite sausage cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks (polish, kielbasa, smoked, bratwurst, etc) i use smoked beef sausage
- 1 c
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- coarsely chopped onion (optional)
How to Make German Style One Pot Meal
- 1Place all of the ingredients as listed into a pot or a skillet with a tight fitting lid. Bring to a good simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low for about 40 minutes...longer if desired. Stir occasionally during cooking to incorporate the flavors. Add a little more water if needed. The cabbage and potatoes should be fork-tender. You can simmer this on low for a longer period if desired, but it can be ready to eat in less than an hour! The flavors will mix throughout the dish and will taste wonderful!!
- 2Enjoy this dish with a jar of good horseradish! YUMMMM! You don't have to be German to love this!