★★★★★ 2 votes5
6-8 mediumpotatoes, peeled and sliced
1 lbsausage, cooked & drained
8 ozsour cream
1/2 pkgonion soup mix
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
2 tsplemon juice
2 tspdijon mustard
1 lbsauerkraut, rinsed & drained
1 cbuttered bread crumbs
How to Make German Potato Casserole
- Peel and slice potatoes. Boil in salted water until tender.
- Cook sausage until no longer pink and crumbles easily.
- Mix sour cream, soup mix, mushroom soup, lemon juice and mustard.
- Heat sauerkraut in 2 tablespoons of sausage drippings. Add kraut to sourcream mixture and stir until well blended. Stir in cooked sausage.
- In 9X13-inch baking dish arrange potato slices on bottom. Pour and spread sourcream/meat mixture. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.