Fried Rabbit (hearty chicken style)
1rabbit, cut into serving pieces
1/3 call purpose flour
1/8 tspblack pepper
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
3 Tbspall purpose flour
1 1/2 cchicken broth
·brown bouquet sauce
·salt and pepper
How to Make Fried Rabbit (hearty chicken style)
- In a large skillet or pan, fry up the bacon to use the grease for cooking...save the bacon for other meals once cooked.
- while the bacon is frying, mix the 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper and 1/8 tsp black pepper into large zip-lock bag
- add rabbit pieces to bag and shake to coat...allow the pieces to sit out at room temp for 30 minutes and dry...also, once coated, lay in dish or pan and reapply shake mix as needed for a good coat
- Add the coated pieces to the fry pan with bacon grease and brown on all sides over medium high heat
- sprinkle a generous amount of paprika on the pieces in the pan...do not be shy on the paprika!
- reduce heat and cover tightly. Cook over low heat until tender about 20-25 minutes, turning pieces once half way through
- When you turn the pieces in the pan, reapply another generous sprinkly of Paprika! Do not be shy!
- After 20-25 minutes, remove pan cover and cook another 5 minutes
- Remove pieces and place on paper towell to dry
- For gravey, blend in 3 tbsp's of flour into the pan grease and add the broth (be sure to remove any large crisps from the rabbit that may be in the grease) and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly. Add salt, pepper and brown bouquet in the sauce/gravey to taste
- Serve the rabbit, with gravey...we like it over rice with lots of gravey!!! Add biscuits and veggies and you are set.