Fried Hard Crabs in Gravy
How to Make Fried Hard Crabs in Gravy
- Remove Shell, lungs and claws from live crabs. Save fat to season gravy
- Dredge crab in flour and fry 10 minutes, cavity side down turn and fry 10 minutes more. Set pan aside
- Place crabs in a large pot, cavity side up.
- add 1 cup water and steam 10 minutes
- GRAVY RECIPE below
- Brown flour that the crabs were fried in
- Add crab fat and 2 cups water
- Season with old Bay.
- Place crabs on a platter cavity side up and cover with gravy.