Fried Hard Crabs in Gravy
How to Make Fried Hard Crabs in Gravy
- 1Remove Shell, lungs and claws from live crabs. Save fat to season gravy
- 2Dredge crab in flour and fry 10 minutes, cavity side down turn and fry 10 minutes more. Set pan aside
- 3Place crabs in a large pot, cavity side up.
- 4add 1 cup water and steam 10 minutes
- 5GRAVY RECIPE below
- 6Brown flour that the crabs were fried in
- 7Add crab fat and 2 cups water
- 8Season with old Bay.
- 9Place crabs on a platter cavity side up and cover with gravy.