Fried Deer Steak
Schelley Brown Francis
How to Make Fried Deer Steak
- Soak in cold water with vinegar added, overnight if possible in fridge. This draws the blood out and I try to soak as long as possible.
- Rinse water, vinegar and blood off of meat. Stir eggs and milk together and pour over meat.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and seasoning together. You can adjust these measurments to allow for enough to cover your meat.
- Heat oil for cooking.
- Take one piece of meat at a time and cover all sides with flour mixture. I press mine down to cover well all over. Coat all the meat in this manner. I do a little bit at a time as I need it to go into the grease. If you want extra crunchy dip and flour twice.
- When grease is hot, drop meat in and brown on one side and then flip for other side. I try to turn only once so it will be crispy. When golden brown, drain on paper towel.
- Note: It just doesn't get better than a deer steak meal with mashed potatoes and peas.