French Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwich
1small onion, sliced
1 tspbeef consume concentrate, i use better than bullion
2 cgrated gruyere cheese, lightly packed
How to Make French Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Add oil, onion, and sugar to skillet.
- Cook over low to med low heat until onion begins to caramelize. Stir frequently. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Once onion begins to caramelize, add beef concentrate and water. Cook until water evaporates and remove from skillet.
- Butter bread and place two pieces butter side down in skillet.
- Spread half of the cheese on the bread.
- Top with half of the onions.
- Add the rest of the cheese and top with the other two pieces of buttered bread.
- Grill on medium to medium low until golden brown on one side.
- Flip and grill until other side is golden brown.