☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- head of cabbage cut into small pieces
- potatoes sliced into medium slices
- medium onion sliced
- smoked or polish sausage
- stick of butter
- cup of water
- add red pepper to taste, optional
- summer squash is delicious with this if you like squash
How to Make FRED (Cabbage, onion & potatoes)
- 1Slice sausage about 1 to 2 inches thick. In large deep pan melt butter. Add sliced sausage and cook over medium heat until good and hot. Browned lightly.
- 2Put sliced potatoes and sliced onion on top of cooked sausage. I layer the potatoes and onion until I run out but it will work if you just put all the potatoes then the onions or if you mix them together and then put them in. Include the squash if you decided to use it.
- 3Add cut up cabbage(cabbage will over flow the pan but as it cooks it will do down). Add salt, pepper and a little red pepper to taste. Add the 1/2 cup water.
- 4Cover and cook over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes then gently stir the mixture. Recover and cook for another 15 minutes more, gently stir. Keep checking until vegetables are tender.
- 5Serve with hot corn bread and butter...