Four Alarm Game Hens1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
7 ozred peppers, roasted, drained
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1 Tbspdijon mustard
1/4 Tbspred pepper, ground
1/4 tsphot pepper sauce
5/8 tspred pepper flakes
2cornish game hens
·herbs of choice, optional garnish
How to Make Four Alarm Game Hens
- *Note: You may use more crushed hot red pepper if desired, to taste.
- ** Game hens should be about 1 pound each, split lengthwise in half.
- Start fire in grill, placing rack 4 inches above coals (see note).
- Process red peppers in food processor or blender until smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in a 1-quart saucepan over medium-low heat; add pureed peppers, mustard, ground red pepper, hot red pepper sauce, and crushed red pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through and flavors are blended.
- Remove from heat; set aside until fire is ready.
- Place Rock Cornish game hen halves, skin side down, on hot grill rack; cook, covered with grill cover, 10 minutes.
- Turn hens over; cook, covered, another 10 minutes.
- Brush hot red pepper sauce liberally over chicken; cook, covered, 5 minutes longer until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve when chicken is well glazed, garnishing with herb sprigs.
- NOTE: Hens may be baked in oven.
- Heat oven to 450 and prepare sauce as directed.
- Place hen halves, skin side up, in a baking or roasting pan.
- Bake 25 minutes until cooked through.
- Brush sauce over hens; cook 10 minutes longer until sauce begins to brown.