Four Alarm Game Hens1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 7 oz
- red peppers, roasted, drained
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/4 Tbsp
- red pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp
- hot pepper sauce
- 5/8 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- cornish game hens
- herbs of choice, optional garnish
How to Make Four Alarm Game Hens
- 1*Note: You may use more crushed hot red pepper if desired, to taste.
- 2** Game hens should be about 1 pound each, split lengthwise in half.
- 3Start fire in grill, placing rack 4 inches above coals (see note).
- 4Process red peppers in food processor or blender until smooth; set aside.
- 5Heat oil in a 1-quart saucepan over medium-low heat; add pureed peppers, mustard, ground red pepper, hot red pepper sauce, and crushed red pepper.
- 6Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through and flavors are blended.
- 7Remove from heat; set aside until fire is ready.
- 8Place Rock Cornish game hen halves, skin side down, on hot grill rack; cook, covered with grill cover, 10 minutes.
- 9Turn hens over; cook, covered, another 10 minutes.
- 10Brush hot red pepper sauce liberally over chicken; cook, covered, 5 minutes longer until chicken is cooked through.
- 11Serve when chicken is well glazed, garnishing with herb sprigs.
- 12NOTE: Hens may be baked in oven.
- 13Heat oven to 450 and prepare sauce as directed.
- 14Place hen halves, skin side up, in a baking or roasting pan.
- 15Bake 25 minutes until cooked through.
- 16Brush sauce over hens; cook 10 minutes longer until sauce begins to brown.