Feijoada - Azorian style
2 can(s)red kidney beans
1/2 lbchouriço or chorizo sausage
1/8 colive oil
1/2 largeonion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, chopped
1 smallplum tomato
1/8 cred wine
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Feijoada - Azorian style
- In a large pot, add olive oil and saute onions until golden brown.
- Add chopped tomato and saute until softened.
Add Salt and Pepper
- Once tomato has cooked down, add the garlic, chouriço, paprika and bay leaf. Brown chouriço on each side.
- Pour the wine in and scrape the brown bits off the bottom. Let it reduce for 5 minutes.
- Now add the beans along with half a can or so from each the bean cans so water can cover the beans.
- Simmer low with lid on for 20 minutes
Let the feijoada settle in pot for another 20 minutes before serving.