False Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- 1 lb
- thin sliced deli roast beef ( almost chipped)
- 1 large
- onion sliced thin
- 1 large
- green pepper sliced thin
- 4 clove
- fresh garlic chopped
- 1/4 lb
- cheese to liking (i use mild or medium sharp cheddar)
- bread hoagie style
How to Make False Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- 1Warm bread in 170 degree oven.
- 2Using a med frying pan or griddle, heat 1 pat butter over med high heat. When the butter is melted, add 1/4 of each onions and green peppers. Add salt to taste and saute stirring fairly often til cooked through, but not soggy. Transfer to a container, cover, and continue to cook rest of onions and peppers in like manner. If the pan you're using gets burned on the bottom, clean the pan and reduce the heat as you don't want the burnt flavor ruining your dish!
- 3Take the butter and melt it in the same pan you sauted onions and peppers or use another frying pan (if you can multi-task, cooking meat in another pan while onions and peppers are cooking makes the process SO much quicker!) saute about 1/4 of the roast beef adding one clove worth of garlic and salt to taste. Transfer to container, cover and continue to cook rest of meat in like manner.
- 4When ingredients are ready, remove bread from oven, slice in half length-wise and put meat, cheese, onion and pepper mix on it. Serve with a side salad (if you want) and enjoy!