A resident at the Nursing Home I worked at gave me this recipe. She was a missionary for many years and a sweet lady with a good sense of humor.
How to Make Elephant Stew
- Cut elephant meat into bite-sized pieces (this will take about two months).
- Cut vegetables into cubes (another two months).
- Plave meat in a pan and cover with 1,000 gallons of brown gravy. Simmer for four weeks.
- Shovel in salt and pepper to taste
- When meat is tender, add vegetables ( a steam shovel is useful for this ).
- Simmer slowly for four more weeks.
- Garnish with parsley
- Serves 3,800
- If more is expected, add two rabbits.
- This is not recommended, however, as very few people like hare in their stew.