Eggplant Spinach Ricotta Bake
- 2 large
- 18 - 24 oz
- of your favorite marinara sauce (i love classico tomato & basil)
- 1 - 15 oz
- container ricotta cheese
- 1 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c
- chopped parsley - or dried
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 2 tsp
- oregano, dried
- 2 c
- fresh spinach leaves
- 2 c
- fresh shredded mozzarella
How to Make Eggplant Spinach Ricotta Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut eggplant into rounds about 3/4 inch thick. Coat front and back with olive oil. Put eggplant on two baking sheets. Add salt & pepper. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes–flipping them half way. Eggplant should be nice and golden brown.
While eggplant bakes, mix the ricotta, eggs, spices and 1 cup of Parmesan together in a small bowl. Add some salt & pepper.
- 2In an oven safe casserole dish, layer the bottom with a bit of the marinara sauce. Add 1 layer of your eggplant on top, a handful of spinach. Then add more sauce, and a layer of ricotta.
- 3Repeat until you run out of eggplant. Top layer should be remaining spinach, sauce and Mozzarella cheese. In that order.
Reduce oven temp to 375.
Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 - 30 minutes, or until desired brownness. The cheese should be melted and the marinara should be bubbly.
Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
I served with a salad and crusty bread.