- 1 large
- 6 large
- 2 c
- 4 c
- bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- parsley, italian,fresh chopped,1/2 teaspoon each of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 qt
- marinara sauce (homemade if you have it)
- 16 oz
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz
- romano cheese, grated
- 32 oz
- ricotta cheese
- 1 qt
- frying oil
- 1/4 lb
- thinly sliced prosciutto diced
How to Make Eggplant Rollatini with prosciutto
- 1Peel and slice the eggplant in rounds,about an 1/8 of an inch thick.
Put them on a paper towel lined baking sheet and cover them with more towels.
Then place some empty pots,pans on top to squeeze out the water in the eggplant slices,about 10-15 minutes should do.
- 2While you are waiting for the eggplant to dry out,mix your filling:
32 ounces of Ricotta
3 large eggs
1/2 of the Romano cheese
1/4 pound of diced prosciutto
1/2 of the grated mozzarella cheese
all of the parsley,salt and pepper
Mix it well and refrigerate.
- 3Now you can mix the flour and bread crumbs,combine the milk and three remaining eggs and bread the eggplant slices.
Fry them in 350 degree oil,drain them on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- 4Fill each eggplant slice with 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons of filling and place in a 3 quart baking dish.
Spoon some of the marinara on the bottom of the dish first then when it's full,cover with the remaining sauce,mozzarella and Romano cheeses.Bake covered in a 350 oven for 45 minutes.Remove from oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!! :)